The 6.01 Update for Fortnite Season 6 includes the addition of the Chiller Part of the Season 6 group of patches and released on October 3, 2018 by Epic. See a history of Fortnite patches and updates here. Full patch notes below:
Chiller (Battle Royale)
Don’t get cold feet! Freeze your foes and slide around for a quick getaway.
Playground Custom Options (Battle Royale)
More options have been added for you to play around with. Tweak starting health, gravity and more!
Edit6.01 Battle Royale
EditLimited Time Mode: Playground
Playground Custom Options
- Added more options to Playground. Allowing you to change settings such as starting health, time of day, gravity, and more!
- Chiller added.
- Common Trap.
- Can be placed on floors, walls, or ceilings.
- Drops in stacks of 3 in Treasure Chests, Supply Drops, Vending Machines, Supply Llamas, and floor loot.
- Applies icy feet to friends or foes, causing them to slide around with low friction.
- Fixed an issue that could cause vehicles to become uncontrollable.
- Made improvements to the motion controls for the Switch to make it feel more accurate and responsive.
- Pets are now hidden along with your character when the camera is too close to you.
- Toys now respect the streamer mode setting for player names in minigame messages.
- Slightly increased the hitbox size on the Fancy Tomato to match its visual size.
- The following adjustments have been made to Glider audio tells:
- Muffled the audio if there isnï¿½t a clear line of sight between you other gliding players.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect audio would play when a teammate was eliminated.
- Added star ratings to the UI elements of all trap items.
- Fixed an issue where players occasionally couldnï¿½t interact with items.
- Fixed an issue where Keep Out!!!’s damage area was smaller than intended.
- Lead Sled Hammer added to the Weekly Store.
- A fast-swinging hammer that gains speed with each hit.
- Leap Attack: Heavy attack that jumps to the targeted foe and damages and knocks down nearby enemies.
- Available Wednesday, October 3 at 8 PM ET until Wednesday, October 10 at 8 PM ET.
- Obliterator Sniper Rifle added to the Weekly Store.
- Fixed an issue where the Walloper Hammer sometimes wouldn’t do damage while using the Leap Attack.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a hitch while using the Leap Attack with the Walloper Hammer.
- Elemental visual effects on weapons are now hidden along with your character when the camera is too close to you.